We are Hiring!
Engen Contracting Inc. is truly dedicated to excellence and believes in the importance of work done right the first time. Our company is driven by a group of hardworking, productive and dedicated team members, accountable to not only the organization but to themselves! If you would like to join our team, let’s start a conversation.
Commercial Superintendent -
5 Years Commercial Experience Req’d
ECI is a Commercial General Contractor who has been operating primarily in the Central Texas (Austin) market for over 20 years. Our company is driven by a group of hardworking, productive and dedicated team members who are accountable to not only the organization but to themselves.
Job Description primarily includes new ground up projects that can include; Self-Storage, Retail, Office, Food Service, Medical, Hospitality, and similar projects along with associated Tenant Improvement work. The contract amounts of the projects typically fall into the range of anywhere in the $500,000 to $10 mil.
Superintendent Qualifications (This is a ‘Full Time’ position)
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL!
- Coordination of trades performing Civil Work potentially up to 10 acre sites
- Project Scheduling – formulate & maintain weekly updates
- Assist with subcontractor/supplier scopes to ensure the contract language is comprehensive
- Submittal & Shop Drawing reviews
- OSHA 30 Trained/Certified / Safety enforcement along with conducting weekly onsite tool box meetings
- Monthly sub/supplier pay application review & input
- Utilize Procore to complete daily reports, monitor conversations and take daily pictures
- Coordinate inspections
- Generate and complete punch lists
- Subcontractor Change Order verification and validate labor/material projections
- Communication (as needed with Architect/Engineers as project progresses
- Must be a problem solver with a proactive mentality – this is not just a skill, but a reflection of one’s desire to fully understand and embrace a challenge till a solution is developed
- Maintain ethical business practices
- Ability to interpret plans and coordinate between civils, architectural, structural & MEP designs
- Contact and schedule subcontractors – ability to motivate subcontractors/suppliers to meet timelines
- Regular & detailed communication overall is paramount
- Overall, good, knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing & HVAC (skills not required)
- Available and willingness to voluntarily work afterhours (dependent on a projects needs)
- Organize and conduct weekly onsite subcontractor meetings
- May be required to assist on more than 1 project at a time
- Work with office staff and respond in a timely manner (to include email replies)
- Be available, punctual and accountable for meetings and the same for staff requests
- Absolutely no alcohol or drugs in the work place
**Candidates with residential construction experience only will not be considered
- Competitive Compensation / Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Health & Dental / 401k offering
Please submit a cover letter, current resume & project history list for the last 5 years (Size/Dates/Description/Role), & references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to submit any other info to clarify any successes that have highlighted your career.
No Recruiters, Please---
Engen Contracting Inc.
A full-service general contractor specializing in commercial construction, ECI brings a strong reputation for building quality projects that are competitively priced, a commitment to quality craftsmanship, professionalism, and building trusting relationships to every project we undertake.
11824 Jollyville Road, Suite 202
Austin, Texas 78759